As of Monday, June 29:
The Danville Public Library is partially opened, following Phase 4 guidelines. The following services are available:
- All Phase 3 services, including curbside pick up, home delivery, online card registration, drop off/pick up copy and fax, reference service by phone or email, and socially distant computer lab on first floor.Curbside Pick Up and Home Delivery
- The building will be open for collection browsing and check out, in-person card registration and in-person reference assistance (by appointment only). In order to maintain a safe social distance, only 50 patrons will be allowed in the library at one time.
- Library hours will be Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. for “high risk” patrons and 11:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. for all other patrons.
- Starting July 6, the front lawn and Hegeler stage is available for groups of 25 or less to book for meetings. Chairs and sound equipment will be available.
The library will once again accept returns beginning June 24. However, in order for staff to handle returned items properly, these items may be returned to the outside book drops only. Staff will not accept returns brought inside the building.
The following services will not be available during Phase Four:
- Meeting and study rooms
- The second floor adult computer and seating areas
- Newspapers and magazines
- Teen Zone and MakerSpace
- Children’s and caregivers computers in the Children’s room
- Inside book drops
- Water fountains
Patrons are asked to wear a mask and maintain social distancing standards, including at service desks. Patrons may be asked to wait outside as needed
As the COVD-19 situation evolves, staff will continue to evaluate services and adjust offerings as needed.
We apologize for the inconvenience. We appreciate your understanding and patronage.
- Danville Public Library offers many services online for digital download, including books, music, movies and reference material. Note: you must have a library card in good standing to access some of these services. Sign up for one here.