This year we’re using Beanstack for our reading programs. Register Here.
How do I Register?
- Click this link.
- Select “Register an Individual or Family.”
- If you are registering yourself (with or without children), select “I am registering myself.” You will be given an option to add other household adults or children later. If you are only registering a child, choose “I am an adult registering a child.”
- Answer the questions and click “Next.”
- Add any additional family members.
- Register for the #WinterRead2021: Books Like Us Challenge
- Begin Tracking your reading by clicking “Log Reading” at the top of the page.
This registration asks a lot of questions; do I have to answer them all?
No. Only the questions marked with an asterisk are necessary. We ask all these questions because they help us know what works for different groups of patrons, so that we can provide better services in the future. If you are uncomfortable with any of the questions not marked with an asterisk, feel free to skip them. Additionally, if you are over 18 you do not to enter your actual birthyear. Anything over 2001 will do so that we know you are an adult.
Do I need to create a separate account for me and my children?
No. When you create your account you will be given the option to add additional family members, both adults and children.
Is there an app?
Yes! Search “Beanstack Tracker” on your device’s app store and download.
How do I register using the app?
- Download “Beanstack Tracker” from your device’s app store.
- The app asks “Does your School, Library or Bookstore use Beanstack?” Answer “Yup!”
- Touch “Find a Site.”
- Type in “Danville Public Library” in the search bar at the top. Select “Danville Public Library (IL)”
- Touch “Sign Up!” near the bottom.
- Enter your Username, Email, and Password. Touch “Continue.”
- Follow the prompts to complete registration.
- Touch “Add A Reader” for additional family members. Or “Fill Out My Reader Profile” to complete your profile and register for a challenge.
- Select the “#WinterRead2021: Books Like Us” Challenge.
- Touch the + to Log your reading.
I forgot to track my reading minutes. What do I do?
If you aren’t sure how many minutes you spent reading, count how many pages you read. As a general rule of thumb 1 page = 1 minute.
Can I count the time I spent reading to my kids as time I spent reading?
Absolutely. You can count it on your own reading log and on theirs.
Will the Library be using my review for anything?
We appreciate you submitting a review as part of the Winter Reading Challenge. If we would like to share your review on our blog, we will contact you for permission.