Johnson Flanagan, Public Services Manager
For assistance from Young Adult library staff, call 217-477-5226.
Located on the first floor, the Young Adult Department is open to high school aged teens and offers the following services:
- Internet-accessible computers
- Homework help from library staff
- Programs — technology, career- & school-focused, makerspace
New Teen Zone Hours for the School Year
Monday: 3 – 7
Tuesday: 3 – 7
Wednesday: 3 – 7
Thursday: 3 – 7
Saturday: 9 – 3
Programs & Projects
- Coloring Contest: Choose from among 5 pictures to color for a chance to win. Open to all ages.
- Explore More Illinois: Free and discounted admission to cultural attractions in Illinois
- Guías en Español / Spanish Guides: ¿No sabe cómo usar algunos de nuestros servicios gratuitos? ¡Tenemos una colección de videos tutoriales para ayudarle! / Not sure how to use some of our services? We have a set of tutorial videos here for you!
- Interactive Movie Kits: Play games while you watch your favorite movies!
- Library Visits: Want to bring your group to the library, or have the library come visit you? Reach out at the link.
- Personal Shopping: Our staff can help you select books
- Project Next Generation: Learn about Veterinary Science, Vinyl Sign Making, and Hospitality Services.
- Remind App: Get reminders about Teen programs
- Suggest a Purchase: Let us know what you’d like us to add to our collection.
- Teen Subscription Book Club: Subscription with a book and fun surprises!
- Used Book Sale: Pay-What-You-Want donation at our Used Book Sale.