Danville Library Foundation
If interested in learning more or applying for Foundation volunteer positions below, please contact Sabrina Henriques at email@example.com or 217-477-5223, x114.
Book Sale Staff Volunteers
The Danville Library Foundation hosts three used book sales per year (March, July and November). The sale runs two days (Friday all day and Saturday morning) and requires volunteers that entire period.
- Duties include: Greeting people at the door, assisting people with book selection, re-shelving misplaced books, tallying book purchases, assisting with check-out, helping people use carts to take large purchases to their vehicles, clean up and moving books at the end of the sale. In addition, occasional pricing of books according to guidelines may be required. Each volunteer receives a free book for every hour worked.
- Qualifications: Requires standing for several hours, bending and stretching, ability to lift up to 25 lbs. is a plus, would prefer absence of allergies to dust, previous experience with book sales is helpful, but not necessary. All volunteers are placed according to interest, skills and position availability.
Foundation Office Assistant
Volunteer position to assist in the Foundation Office: filing, data entry, updating and assisting with mailings.
Danville Public Library, Outreach Services
If interested in learning more or applying for Outreach volunteer positions, please contact Outreach Services at 217-477-5227.
Volunteer Office Assistant, Outreach Services Department
The Outreach Services Department delivers books and other library material to residents of Danville living in senior centers, group homes, or are otherwise unable to come to the library.
- Duration: Ongoing. Minimum commitment is one hour between 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. M-F.
- Duties Include: Printing & folding library brochures, shelving material, alphabetizing material, getting items ready for circulation, or as needed.
- Qualifications: If under 18, must have parent permission. All volunteers are required to complete an intake form.