hoopla is a large digital collection of ebooks, e-comics, movies, television shows, music albums and audiobooks — all available for mobile and online access with a valid Danville Public Library card.
DPL cardholders can access the collection through an Internet-connected computer or mobile device:
- Computer users get access through the hoopla website. Playback of content requires the Widevine plugin for your browser.
- Mobile users with smartphones and tablets must download the free hoopla digital mobile app on Android, IOS, or Kindle Fire HDX device. For general help using your device, see our help videos.
hoopla digital has a simple sign-up and attractive, easy-to-use interface, so it’s easy to get to your listening, viewing, and reading experience. There’s also no waiting to borrow items. And hoopla digital’s automatic return feature eliminates late fees.
Once you have downloaded the app to your device(s) and/or clicked on the hoopla digital link, you will be prompted to enter your email address, a password, your library card number, and your library card PIN (usually the last four digits of your phone number). The system will validate that you are in good standing with the library, so that you may begin to browse, borrow, and enjoy the content.
Policies & Procedures
- Once you borrow a title on one device it is automatically available via all devices with the hoopla digital app and via your PC web browsers (IE 8+, Firefox 12+, Safari 5+, Chrome 19+).
- When using hoopla you will be able to begin streaming the content immediately. You can also download content to view at a later date (in case you won’t have Wi-Fi on that camping trip).
- You are allowed to borrow 10 titles each month:
- eBooks lend for 21 days
- Comics lend for 21 days
- Videos lend for 3 days
- Music lends for 7 days
- Audiobooks lend for 21 days
- You are able to access (view/listen to) borrowed content as often as you want during the checkout period and you can return any borrowed title whenever you want.
- hoopla Help Page
- Help videos on different hoopla topics (Overview, Creating an Account, iOS issues, etc).
- hoopla on Social Media: Facebook and Twitter.
- Widevine plugin for using hoopla content on a web browser.
For more information or assistance, contact the Audiovisual Dept. at (217) 477-5224.